Powerful Cleaners You Can Mix at Home
A question comes to mind asking why bother mixing your own cleaner? In today’s fast paced world, no one would even bother to DIY their own cleaner mix. Yes, it may be true but have you considered the health problems that would arise if exposed for a long period of time in these chemical-based cleaning mixtures? If this hazard-free benefit is not enough, know that these mix it yourself cleaners are super cheap and chances are, most of the ingredients needed may already be available in your house. So here are easy to make yet powerful homemade cleaners:
- The bathroom cleaner which is effective when cleaning tiles and porcelain products. You can achieve the mixture by combining 3 cups of citrus vinegar cleaner (steep citrus peels in a vinegar for a couple of weeks then combine the vinegar with water), ¼ cup liquid dish soap and 2 teaspoon of borax.
- The wood cleaner is composed of ingredients which are very easy to find. It is composed of ½ cup of citrus vinegar cleaner, a few drops of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of liquid dish soap. Using this splendid formula works great on well-used wooden furniture and hardwood floors.
- The glass cleaner mix is composed of 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 cups of warm distilled water and ¼ cup distilled white vinegar. A word of caution when using this cleaner on mirrors, to prevent scratching or etching the glass due to the vinegar, use a microfiber cloth.
- The floor cleaner mixture is very easy to create. With just mixing 1 gallon of hot water and a ¼ cup of citrus vinegar cleaner you can pull off the concoction. This cleaner is also effective when applied on linoleum, tile floors and vinyl. For a smell-good fragrance, add up to 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oil.
- The all-purpose cleaner, which the name suggest can clean almost every appliance in your house. By mixing 2 cups of distilled white vinegar, citrus peels or 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 cups of distilled warm water, you now have yourself an all-purpose cleaner. This blend is effective on kitchen appliances such as microwave, refrigerator, stove, toaster and other electrical device available.
For these powerful homemade cleaners to be used, just put them on a clean spray bottle and as much as possible label them using a masking tape and a permanent marker. List the ingredients and the name of the product. Lastly, always keep an eye on mixing recipes. Never mix a recipe that you make up yourself because not all items can be mixed together.