5 Especially Dirty Places in Your Home
If you’re like most people I bet you keep yourself distant from filthy things to the point that you don’t even want to see them. We may not be aware but even the things that we think are clean may be a host to an under-the-radar threats to our health. Here’s a fact; germs are in your home right now. In the most favourable conditions, certain bacteria can split in every 20 minutes. This is what I mean when I said that no matter how you think how clean you are, there are still germs all over your home. Here are 5 surprisingly dirty places in your home:
- Kitchen – it’s a no brainer actually. Your kitchen is home to dirty dishes which may pile up every now and then. It’s also a sanctuary for dish towels, sponges and left-over food. These things are responsible for the spread of bacteria in the kitchen because they hold moisture. In order to make sure that your kitchen is clean; always wash the sink, the counters, the refrigerator and the faucet. Also throw left-over food and regularly wash towels. For the sponge, replace them regularly.
- Door handles, knobs and light switches – these areas are places that everyone has access to but they don’t seem to be cleaned as frequently as needed. Just think of how often you switch the light on and off, hold door handles and turn the knobs. If you got a figure in mind, proceed with wiping it with disinfectant wipes double that figure.
- Bathroom – aside from the bathroom itself, the objects residing in the bathroom are the true offenders. The toilet, bathtub, shower, sink, bath mat, laundry basket, toothbrushes, and towels are all guilty of the offence. From all of the things found inside the bathroom, need I say more? A bathroom that hasn’t been cleaned for a long time is not only disgusting, but also unhygienic. Get a mop and clean the floor, get hold of your disinfectants and brushes then proceed on cleaning the toilet.
- Living Room – it’s kind of ironic that the living room that should be a place for people to be lively can cause the opposite health risk which is being sickly. The pillows and the couch itself make up almost half of dirt in this room. But, the other half of the percentage is notorious; your TV remote. According to a hospital hygiene study, remote controls were three times dirtier than anything else in the room. Change the covers of pillows and the couch regularly. As for the remote, wipe it thoroughly and regularly with an antibacterial wipe.
- Bedroom – think of the dust mites enjoying your pillow with you spending all those hours on shredding skin, sweating and drooling like a mad dog. As for the bed sheets, you have all the reasons to be worried with this. You kick back and relax in the room, and most of the time, make a mess of it which implies the presence of loads of germs. Clean the room as often as needed. Don’t forget meticulously cleaning pillows and bed sheets as well.